menu Home About Me My Donations

Kindergarten Writing : Centers

High frequency words or sight words are an important part of writing. For this reason, many of my Literacy Centers are centered around sight words. A few weeks ago,  I noticed The Dollar Tree Store had cookie sheets for one dollar each so I grabbed a stack of them and headed for the register. With the help of a thick Sharpie and tons of magnetic letters the results are below.

sight words
Sight Words Magnetic Letter Center

sight words
Magnetic Letters Sight Word Center

Kindergarten Writing Center
Magnetic Letters Literacy Center

Kindergarten Writing Center
Magnetic Letters Writing Center

I took the time to check if I had enough letters to spell all words before introducing them to my class. Looks like I had enough letters!

For more sight word practice during writing center I also put out a cut and paste center for over 50 different grade level appropriate words.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sight-Words-Practice-Pages-Set-One-722572
Sight Word Practice for Kindergarten
Here is the link for this set of two letter sight words,  three letter sight words, and four letter sight words.

No comments:

Post a Comment